We will equip our children to be well-rounded individuals who are confident in an ever-changing world. Together, we will be curious learners who can contribute fully in our local and global communities.
We believe that learning is at its most powerful when it nurtures curious minds, fosters independence and provides opportunities for every child to be the best that they can be. We will aim high, enabling our children to achieve. Children, staff and parents will work together to create a safe and supportive environment where every child can thrive in their work and play. Our curriculum will help children to grow in confidence and build resilience as we celebrate success and support each other as life-long learners.
In the spirit of inclusion, we will learn with our children so that they:
- feel happy, safe, enjoy learning and are proud of their own achievements and those of others.
- are inspired by learning and understand its potential.
- achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum.
- understand and accept difference, developing an awareness of (and respect for) our diverse and changing world.
- develop as motivated, independent and collaborative learners who can adapt to new challenges.
- appreciate and make valuable contributions to the local community and to the wider world.
- become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible, caring citizens.
To achieve these aims we will provide:
- a safe, healthy learning environment.
- support for learners of all abilities.
- a caring, nurturing ethos and a positive atmosphere that enables all learners to flourish.
- memorable, fun and inspiring learning opportunities that cater for individual learning styles.
- a professional, highly motivated and skilled staff team with a commitment to their own learning and to the ethos and aims of the school.
- a commitment to celebrate diversity across the local, national and global community.
- high quality teaching and learning within a rich, relevant, inclusive curriculum.
- opportunities to explore the local and wider community.
- a diverse range of extra-curricular opportunities.
- a school leadership focused on continuous improvement.
- opportunities for children to influence decisions in the school community.
- a strong commitment to working with parents as partners.